Please see below and attached winter weather information
- From 1 November, gritting teams and their fleet of 30 gritters went on full-time standby across four depots, meaning they could be called out at any time, day or night.
- For drainage teams, heavy rain, storms and flooding can lead to a spike in demand for their services, and when high winds lead to fallen trees, it is the forestry team who will be called out.
- As for the emergency response team, their 24/7, 365 days-a-year role can be easily impacted by adverse weather and could see them dealing with anything from managing road closures, to delivering sandbags and putting out flood boards
I would like to take this opportunity to bring a number of Via EM Ltd.’s other Winter Service preparations to your attention, these include:
- Ensuring our highway depots are fully stocked with grit; currently around 18,000 tonnes is being held at various locations around the County.
- The County Council’s gritting fleet has been fitted with updated vehicle tracking & navigation systems. The new tracking & navigation systems provide greater resilience for our Winter Service because they allow drivers to be deployed on routes they may be unfamiliar with.
- The yellow grit bins on the highway network have been inspected and refilled.I hope that you find the information contained within this leaflet useful.
With best wishes
Councillor John Cottee
Chairman, Communities and Place Committee
Nottinghamshire County Council